Saturday, June 21, 2014

Protecting the homestead 06/21/14

Hi pals, Puff Darby here...

Yesterday, I was enjoying my afternoon nap when I was awaken by the sounds of a vehicle coming up our driveway.  I take guarding the homestead seriously so I immediately jump up and started barking.  Momma knew there was someone outside by my actions (remember, my momma can't hear much) and she went to the front door to see what I was alerting her to. 

It turned out to be the UPS man delivering a package to daddy, who was outside with the UPS man.  Everything was just fine until momma opened the front door wider so she could ask the UPS man if he would like a bottle of water as we were having a very warm day.  He said "yes" and momma turned around to go back inside the house and that's when I made my move.

I ran outside and started barking, barking and BARKING at the UPS man.  I also threw in a few jumps and nips just to let him know that I meant business.  Momma and daddy began yelling at me and instructing me to GO BACK INTO THE HOUSE, which of course I ignored.  Daddy finally was able to get me away from the UPS man's legs, scolded me right there in front of the UPS man and made me go back inside the house.

All I was doing was protecting our home from intruders - SHEESH! 

17 comments:

  1. Um...good guarding duties, Puff!

    I hate the UPS trucks, too...but you know the dude that comes out of those trucks here brings me a cookie! Wow! Then I am his furend...Growlmy says I am a hypocrite! BOL!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Minko. Pipo and Freckles - I thought I was supposed to make sure my humans were safe and even more importantly, that someone wasn't coming over to our house to steal my stuffies. And for the record, the UPS man didn't bring me NOTHING!!!!!

      Delete
  2. Jus doin yur job! An the door wuz Wide open fur yu to get out there to do a even Better job!

    Us dogs all seem to have that Selective listenin sumtimes. hehehe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We always barks da UPS man, too... but we nevfur gets a chance to gets close to 'em! They skidaddle away real quick like once they sees us!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Finley, this wasn't our normal UPS driver, it was someone filling in for them. Oh well, I guess when you deliver packages to rural areas you have to be prepared to all the wild animals, little white dogs included - BOL, BOL

      Delete
  4. OH NO..... surely they didn't? You were just doing your job...

    BUTT once you discovered it was the UPS guy... you should have LOVED HIM ALL UP... He and the Letter Lady... bring us such SUPER PRESSIES. THEY are our FURENDS...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Frankie and Ernie, Yes they did!!! Right in front of the UPS man I got scolded! I always bark and carry on when someone comes to the door because momma can't hear them. It's my job to alert and protect and what rewards did I get? I got scolded and didn't even receive a nice cookie afterward!

      Delete
  5. UPS guys r weal gud barkin' an', since Momma r pwesentwy keepin' J. Crew in biznuss, I ged tu bark WOTZ an' wotz! Dem r heer all da time! Da guy on Monday sed,"Wow. That's quite a bark he's got, being so little." BOL...Wate. WHUT???

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Zpup, maybe next time the UPS man will have the sense to bring me a package filled with stuffies - I bet I would instantly become my BFF - BOL.

      Delete
  6. OMD you got scolded right in front of the UPS man how embarrassing. Why can't the peeps just let us do our jobs without humiliating us.

    Aroo to you,
    Sully

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sully, it was so embarrassing! All I could do once daddy got me away from the UPS man was tuck my tail between my legs and scurry back into the house.

      Delete
  7. Crikey Puffy. did you latch on?? Was there blood?? Well done. I peed on a hippy at the beach yesterday. He was VERY upset. What the heck was he doing sitting down on the sand if he didn't want to get peed on? Mum tried ever so hard to apologise but she thought it was so funny that she had a hard time keeping a straight face.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMD Charlie - you are too much! Why was he so upset? Isn't there water at the beach for him to wash off with? I hope you didn't piddle on him as a means of "claiming" him as your own.

      I guess you left a lasting impression - BOL, BOL

      Delete
    2. Oops, I forgot to add there was no latching on or blood drawn but it took the UPS man a while to drive out of our driveway and I suspect he did a write up complaining about me.

      Delete
  8. Puff, you are a good dog and don't let anybody tell you otherwise. You were just protecting your people and property.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good job protectin your homestead Puffy. Our UPS dude just runs away from me.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Did you rip his slacks, or pee on his shoes? If there was no blood or pee involved, I don't see the problem with you protecting your place!

    ReplyDelete