Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Long time, no bark 09/03/14

Hi pals, Puffy here...

Mei-Ling and I haven't been too active on Blogger lately because, well, IT"S ALL MOMMA"S FAULT!!!!  There, I got that off my chest.  Momma and daddy have been having some stuff done on our property and we have had people coming with a thing called a backhoe and Bobcat to dig a trench so daddy can run electricity out to the gate.  Daddy didn't like having to manually open or close the gate so he has it in his head to get an automatic gate opener.  However, since there was no electricity he had to pay someone to come out and dig ditches.  They have been out there for days and I getting tired of it.  Daddy also ordered some river rocks to put outside.  He only needed 2 tons but the company wouldn't break the order down that low so he is getting - are you ready for this?  15 tons!!!  From listening to the humans talk, it sounds link Mei-Ling and my courtyard is going to be filled with river rock - YIKES!  I have a hard enough time walking on tiny gravel, how am I going to manage on large river rocks?  Momma assured me that there will be a walk way and an area that has artificial grass for us to play on.  We are even going to have a raised planter with our very own shade tree out there, so maybe it won't be all that bad.

I noticed that my pal Whitley nominated me for one of the Most Influential Blogger Awards - how honored I am!    Whitley you are too kind to think I deserve this award - thanks for thinking about me.  I am supposed to post my favorite song and nominate 10 other bloggers to receive this award.




I don't really have a favorite song - let me think for a moment...............................................................
.................................................................................................................................................................
.................................................................................................................................................................
 
I know, how about Toby Keith–'Every Dog Has Its Day'!
 
Now if any of my pals would like to list their favorite song and request 10 of their pals to do the same, please feel free to do so - okay?

17 comments:

  1. I like how you don't beat around the bush and place the blame appropriately on mom. Good job!

    Aroo to you,
    Sully

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sully! I have no problems pointing the paws at momma - BOL, BOL.

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ignore dat deleted comment up dere... Momma furgot to sign out before I commented... Here's whut I said...

    15 tons!! Wow!!! Speakin' of songs, dat reminds me of one... "Ya loads 15 tons, and whadya git? Anudder day older and deeper in debt... Saint Peter, don't ya calls me, cuz I can't go... I owes my soul to da company store..." Oh wait, dat wuz 16 tons... still reminds me of dat song...
    We's gettin' a lot of werk dun 'round here, too... new roof, some repairs, lots of barkin fur us pups...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Finley - Loved your take on the 15 ton song - BOL. Seriously, we actually only got 12.7 tons delivered and momma and I were expecting truck load after truck load of rocks but it really wasn't all that much. It only took one dump truck to deliver the rocks and the truck wasn't even full. Apparently river rocks weigh a lot. We have had the workers out here for over two weeks and they haven't gotten that much done because of the weather. They dug up the yard to separate the water lines (gray water will be used to water the garden whenever we finally get a garden) and the four down sprouts of the rain gutters will also be router into collection areas so hopefully our courtyard will no longer flood. and the water collected will be used elsewhere. If the workers don't get busy and build the retaining walls and the tree planter soon, it will all probably have to wait until next year to be finished due to bad weather.

      Delete
  4. Yeah, we's sposed to get some work done on da house too - I are gonna be barkin like nobody's bizness.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mei-Ling and I hardly barked at all at the workers. If you and Finley get bored with your workers you're welcome to come over here and bark as much as you want at our workers.

      Delete
  5. Yur Daddy's Buyin river rock?! Gah! That's all we got round here. Don't know whut to do with it! The Snake River used to spread out all ofur the land afore dams an irrigation stuff got started.
    But yur courtyard sounds like it is shapin up! Yur own lil tree will be great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We had to do something because when it rains all the dirt turns to slippery mud. So far today, Mei-Ling and I had to have our feetsies washed twice and it's not even 8:30AM. Momma is once again washing the bedding on our big bed because someone (okay, it was me) had mud on my feetsies and I choose to deposit some on the bedding.

      Momma is hoping the courtyard will be really nice and resolve the mud issues.

      Delete
  6. I wouldn't like those river rocks either...
    now if it was 15 tons of treats...*thud* BOL!

    Growlmy thinks that soon your yard will be pawsome with as many pup furendly areas as you need.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Freckles, river rocks aren't good for my spinal injury or bad knees but neither is slippery mud. I won't actually have to walk on the river rocks because I will have a walk way and area where there won't be any. Momma thinks everything will be okay and if not, then adjustments will have to be made.

      15 tons of river rocks sounds like so much but it really wasn't.

      Delete
  7. Wow that will be pawsome! Tablet is hard to paw. Miss you, Mazy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mazy - I have missed you also!!!! Lots of stuff going on at the homestead so momma hasn't been able to help me with my blogging too much. We miss reading about what is going on at the cattle ranch and of course, what wonderful dinners your momma is making....

      Delete
  8. Sounds like the court yard is going to be really cool.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Hobo, I think we should have a get together after the courtyard is done. Momma has been too broken hearted to write stories but she had a dream about Coco and guess what Coco was doing...She was singing a solo in the angel choir. I'd be willing to bet that Coco had her pockets packed with cookies that she wasn't going to share with the rest of the singers - BOL, BOL. I sure do miss her...

      Delete
  9. Wow. Dat r a wotta wocks, Puff!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Zaidie - you're welcome to come over and play on them if you want. Oh, I know, maybe we can sell pet rocks on EBay - oops, that fad has already come and gone. How about elf rocks that give the holder the ability to destroy glass - BOL

      Delete